Selecting the right Filling and Discharge option can save you time, money and help create a safer working environment.
These options are determined by the product that is to be stored and the method required to do this. Some examples of these options you can see illustrated below are:
- an open top may be adequate for inexpensive products not exposed to moisture damage.
- a duffel/skirted top or a flap top gives easy access whilst ensuring product integrity.
- a conical top is ideal for those materials which need time to settle.
- additional Filling options such as spouts further aid in the filling process, with draw cords and petal closures further enclosing the product whilst allowing air flow.
- a flat bottom is the economical option if the bag is not to be reused & cut for product release.
- discharge spouts and conical bottoms assist in directing & maintaining controlled release.
- petal and iris closures help tying off and protect from contamination.
- full bottom discharge is available for rapid release.
Lifting options are determined by the requirements of maneuvering these heavy bags, with a variety of choices available to suit diverse conditions. Hood, four loop (generally in each corner) and sleeve lifts are specifically designed for use with forklifts. Attaching additional loops to the existing four loops allows the use of a hook to pick up the bag.
One loop and two loop bags are suitable for pick-up by either crane or forklift, are the most cost-effective option and are generally constructed using tubular / circular polypropylene fabric. These are primarily used in the agricultural industry but are also used for minerals and fine particle products. Two loop bags are in the main used when greater access is needed when filling the bag with the loops tied together for lifting.
Four loop bags are the most common bags used In Australia, and are used for agriculture, construction (sand), chemicals, foods, minerals and pharmaceutical products. These are generally constructed using polypropylene fabric that is circular woven to reduce the number of stress points from seams. They serve a wide variety of dry-bulk handling applications, providing customers with a safe and sturdy semi-bulk packaging solution.